Vito’s vision is that of an independent leader who puts solutions and results ahead of politics. By “thinking out of the box” and searching out funding sources through public-private partnerships he believes one can address numerous issues affecting our neighborhoods.
- Opioid epidemic – with a comprehensive community-based partnership between religious institutions, schools, police department and treatment providers – a host of substance abuse education, intervention and treatment options can be implemented.
- Transportation – Fight to freeze tolls and fight fare hikes and at the same time look for ways to ease congestion on Brooklyn’s streets by investigating alternatives to truck traffic routes.
- Housing – Identify locations (including air rights) where developers can partner with government and expand housing to provide additional affordable units for families and seniors.
- Homelessness – Identify religious and not-for-profit organizations that would partner with government to provide compassionate housing to homeless veterans, those suffering from substance abuse and/or mental health issues. This would include a treatment plan to help get them back on their feet.
- Education – Advocate for school choice.
- Economic Development – Meet with Private Sector City Planners to discuss ways in which to modernize our borough’s infrastructure, utilize our coastlines and attract quality jobs.